Opened in 1999, the year of The Woodlands’ 25th anniversary, Sterling Ridge is one of the newest villages and received its name for that momentous occasion. Sterling Ridge is located on the western end of The Woodlands, surrounding Carlton Woods and home to the Gary Player Golf Course.
There are over 2,500 home in this fast growing village and recently, a 400 acre tract of land along FM 2978 within the Sterling Ridge Village was purchased and is currently under development. “Spindle Tree” as the neighborhood is to be called, will be comprised of another 900 single family homes. Schools currently serving the village include Deretchin Elementary (K-6 grades), Coulson Tough Elementary (K-6), and the Ninth Grade Campus for The Woodlands High School. The new Mitchell Library and YMCA location also call this village home.
The Sterling Ridge Village Association (SRVA) is in place to serve the interests and welfare of Sterling Ridge and its residents. Meetings can be found on the homepage of the SRVA Website. The nine Woodlands villages are Grogan’s Mill Village, Panthers Creek Village, Cochran’s Crossing Village, Indian Springs Village, Alden Bridge Village, College Park Village, Sterling Ridge Village, Creekside Park Village, Carlton Woods Village.
View: Homes For Sale in The Woodlands
Find Your Local Realtor in The Woodlands
About Sterling Ridge, The Woodlands
- The Village of Sterling Ridge was opened in 1999, the same year The Woodlands celebrated their 25th anniversary.
Recreation at Sterling Ridge, The Woodlands
- Sterling Ridge is home to twenty parks with various amenities.
- The only park with a pool in Sterling Ridge is located at Cranebrook Park. The park pool is a sprayground, a favorite for the little ones as there are plenty of slides and valves to control water “sprayage” to play with to keep them busy.
- Terramont Park features a 9-hole disc golf course, wheel-friendly park for the kids to skateboard on with a stage and a dog friendly area for your dog to enjoy.
- Artist Grove Park features a chalkboard area for your miniature Picasso to create art, while Craftwood Park features some climbing features for the kids to enjoy.
- There are two golf courses including the Gary Player Course, part of The Woodlands Country Club, as well as the Jack Nicklaus Course located behind the gates of Carlton Woods.
Shopping at Sterling Ridge, The Woodlands
- The Village of Sterling Ridge shopping center is anchored by a Kroger Signature Supermarket, and contains Perry’s Steakhouse, CVS, Great Harvest Bread Company, Zoe’s Kitchen and a Spec’s Liquor among other shops and restaurants.
- Across the street is the Indian Springs shopping center with additional stores and restaurants.
- Finally, a short drive west on Woodlands Parkway to FM 2978 will bring you to another shopping center anchored by a Wal-Mart and other shops and businesses.
Schools at Sterling Ridge, The Woodlands
- There are two K-6 schools including Joel L. Deretchin, as well as Coulson Tough.
- The Woodlands High School Ninth Grade Campus is located at the intersection of Woodlands Parkway and Branch Crossing Drive.
- While the aforementioned schools are all within Conroe ISD, there is an exception in west Sterling Ridge in the May Valley neighborhood. May Valley is served by Magnolia ISD.
Age and Price Range Sterling Ridge, The Woodlands
- There are nearly 5,000 homes within Sterling Ridge and the average year built in this village is 2006. Home prices range anywhere from the upper 100’s to the multi-millions.
Major Sterling Ridge, The Woodlands Parks:
- Artist Grove Park
- Carlton Woods Park
- Cranebrook Park
- Terramont Park
Smaller Sterling Ridge, The Woodlands Parks:
- Bantam Woods Park
- Bonny Branch Commons
- Black Knight Park
- Craftwood Park
- Old Sterling Park
- Marquise Oaks Park
- Montfair Park
- Pepperdale Park
- Player Bend Park
- Spinning Wheel Park
- Star Ridge Park
- St. Peter’s Gate Park
- Terrace Mill Pond Park
- Winterra Park
Houston Premium Homes, We’re By Your Side — No Matter What.
The Houston real estate market is moving — and if you’re ready, you can too.
The Houston Premium Homes family has earned its reputation as Houston’s Top real estate team by always putting our clients’ interests first and making the sale process simpler to navigate at every step of the way. Your Houston Premium Homes real estate agent is your trusted advisor and buying/selling specialist and will relieve you of the burden by handling all the people and moving parts to ensure you get the results you want. Houston Premium Homes Realty Group is a one-stop-shop real estate business and is just part of the reason why so much care and attention is emphasized with each and every client.
Learn About The Villages in The Woodlands Texas
Grogan’s Mill Village, The Woodlands Information
Panthers Creek Village, The Woodlands Information
Cochran’s Crossing Village, The Woodlands Information
Indian Springs Village, The Woodlands Information
Alden Bridge Village, The Woodlands Information
College Park Village, The Woodlands Information
Sterling Ridge Village, The Woodlands Information
Creekside Park Village, The Woodlands Information
Carlton Woods Village, The Woodlands Information