The Woodland’s 2nd village, opened in 1977, is named for the creek that runs through the village. Panther Creek is located on the western shore of Lake Woodlands and is within walking or biking distance to the Town Center and has convenient access to I-45. It is also home to some of the more desired neighborhoods such as West Isle, The Cove, Splitrock, and Windward Cove.
Panther Creek has over 12,000 residents and approximately 3,600 homes. The schools that serve this village are Sally Ride elementary (K-4 grades), Glen Loch Elementary (K-4 grades), and McCullough Junior High (7 & 8 grades).
The Panther Creek Village Association (PCVA) is the non-profit organization serving as an advocate for Panther Creek’s residents. Members of the governing board are elected by residents of Panther Creek in a general community wide election. Meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month, at 7:30 PM at the Community Associations Building of The Woodlands. The nine Woodlands villages are Grogan’s Mill Village, Panthers Creek Village, Cochran’s Crossing Village, Indian Springs Village, Alden Bridge Village, College Park Village, Sterling Ridge Village, Creekside Park Village, Carlton Woods Village.
Find Your Local Realtor in The Woodlands
About Panther Creek, The Woodlands
- The Village of Panther Creek was opened in 1976, and was the second neighborhood created in The Woodlands.
Recreation at Panther Creek, The Woodlands
- Panther Creek is home to thirteen parks with various amenities.
- There are two parks with public pools in Panther Creek: Ridgewood and Creekwood Park.
- The pool at Ridgewood Park is the “Swan” Pool while the Creekwood pool features the “Panther.”
- The pool at Creekwood features the suitably named “Panther” slide on the kiddie side and a slide/diving board on the “adult” side.
- Panther Creek is also the host of a stage at Northshore Park, which features the seasonal “Concert in the Park” series, and is free to everyone. There are also kayak launch points at Northshore, Southshore, and The Cove parks as well as wheel-friendly areas in both Creekwood and Ridgewood parks.
- Lake Woodlands provides ample outdoor recreational opportunities on its own, but also offers some of the most scenic views in The Woodlands to kick back, relax, and enjoy.
Shopping at Panther Creek, The Woodlands
- The Village of Panther Creek shopping is anchored by a Randall’s Supermarket, and contains a Crust Pizza, CVS Pharmacy, Los Cucos and The Woodlands Children’s Museum among other shops and restaurants.
Schools at Panther Creek, The Woodlands
- Elementary Schools include Sally K. Ride, and Glen Loch Elementary while McCullough Junior High is the school of choice for grades 7 and 8.
Age and Price Range Panther Creek, The Woodlands
- Panther Creek is home to over 3,600 single-family homes.
- On average, the homes were built in 1982 across the village, and home prices range anywhere from the mid 100’s to the multi-millions.
Major Panther Creek, The Woodlands Parks:
Smaller Panther Creek, The Woodlands Parks:
- Clover Park and Pond
- Hidden Lake Park
- Lehigh springs Park
- Long Lake Park
- Meadow Lake Park
- Northshore Park
- Rainprint Park
- Tallowberry Park
- The Cove Park
- Wedgewood Park
Amenities at Panther Creek, The Woodlands
- The Panther Creek Professional Plaza
- Panther Creek shopping Center
- Lake Woodlands
- Easy Access to I-45
Houston Premium Homes, We’re By Your Side — No Matter What.
The Houston real estate market is moving — and if you’re ready, you can too.
The Houston Premium Homes family has earned its reputation as Houston’s Top real estate team by always putting our clients’ interests first and making the sale process simpler to navigate at every step of the way. Your Houston Premium Homes real estate agent is your trusted advisor and buying/selling specialist and will relieve you of the burden by handling all the people and moving parts to ensure you get the results you want. Houston Premium Homes Realty Group is a one-stop-shop real estate business and is just part of the reason why so much care and attention is emphasized with each and every client.